If one or more of these signs appear, take your child to an eye doctor right away.
• Eyes don’t line up, one eye appears crossed or looks out!
• Eyelids are red-rimmed, crusted or swollen
• Eyes are watery or red (inflamed)
• Rubs eyes a lot
• Closes or covers one eye
• Tilts head or thrusts head forward
• Has trouble reading or doing other close-up work, or holds objects close to eyes to see
• Blinks more than usual or seems cranky when doing close-up work
• Things are blurry or hard to see
• Squints eyes or frowns
• “My eyes are itchy,” “my eyes are burning” or “my eyes feel scratchy.” “I can’t see very well.”
• After doing close-up work, your child says “I feel dizzy,” “I have a headache” or “I feel sick/nauseous.”
• “Everything looks blurry,” or “I see double.”
Remember, your child may still have an eye problem even if he or she does not complain or has not shown any unusual signs.