Doctor Nguyen Thi My Hanh has been Senior Consultant and Medical Director at Cao Thang Eye Hospital (CTEH) since 2014. She is responsible for a number of activities related to the delivery of medical care and clinical services such as quality assurance, and medical protocol development. Besides that, she oversees the activities of group physicians, including the recruiting and credentialing processes.
Dr. Hanh joined CTEH in 2000 as a Comprehensive Consultant, Ophthalmology, before going to FV Hospital in 2003 to serve as Senior Consultant, Ophthalmology. She returned to CTEH in 2014 to take on her current roles.
Dr. Hanh obtained her Degree of General Practitioner from the Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vietnam, in 1993. She completed a Master of Science in Medicine, Specialty in Ophthalmology, from the same university in 1998.
In addition, she has earned certificates in a number of post graduate courses: Anatomy and Physiology of the Eye and Vision, Strabismus, Orbital Diseases, Vitreoretinopathy and Neuro-ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Refractive error, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Cataract and Its disorders, and Science Research Methodology. All courses were from the HCMC University of Medicine and Pharmacy in 1997.
In 2011, Dr. Hanh attended Continuing Medical Education courses (Uveitis) in Singapore. She also received a certificate from the European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology–ESASO ASIA in Retinal Diseases, Singapore, 2011; a certificate of workshop on Effective Communication for Doctors, Viet Nam, 2012; and a certificate for Good Clinical Practice, Viet Nam, 2013.
Dr. Hanh is a member of International Ocular Inflammation Society and a participant in the group of Survey of Uveitis in Asia Pacific region.
• HSV keratitis presentation at ICEM 2010
• Eye banking project in Ho Chi Minh City, 2010
• Speaker at “The 2015 International Workshops on Granulomatous Uveitis and Ocular Behcet’s disease and the Asia Pacific Intraocular Inflammation Study Group Meeting” in Cebu, Philippines – Topic “Epidemiology of Uveitis in Vietnam”, May 2015.
• Speaker at “The second Congress Asean Ophthalmology Society” in conjunction with “The Vietnam Ophthalmology National Congress” in Hanoi, Vietnam – Topic “Small overview of uveitis at HCM city”, October 2015.
• NHG Eye Institute – 6th International Ophthalmology Congress – Advances in Vitreo – Retina, Singapore, October 2013
• EURETINA – 13rd congress of European Society of Retina Specialists, Hamburg, Germany, September 2013
• APACRS 26th Annual meeting, Singapore, July 2013
• The 1st Congress of Asean Ophthalmology Society (1st AOS) in Bangkok, Thailand, July 2014.
• Asean Association of Eye Hospitals 10th Anniversary Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, November 2014.
• The 25th Anniversary International Meeting Singapore National Eye Centre & The 29th AAEH Council Meeting, May 2015.
• The 15th Euretina Congress – Nice 2015 in Acropolis, Nice, France, September 2015.