Dr. Bui Van Hoang is a Phaco surgeon and Head of Presbyopia at CTEH. Dr. Hoang has carried out over 30,000 Phaco surgeries and currently handle’s CTEH’s most complicated Phaco cases. A specialist in cornea diseases, Dr. Hoang is an expert in fungal keratitis.
From 1992 to 2003, Dr. Hoang was the head of the ophthalmology department at Phong Qui Hoa Hospital in Quy Nhon province. He joined Cao Thang Eye Hospital in 2003 for three years before going onto Saigon Eye Hospital (2006-2012) and FV Hospital (2012-2015). He returned to CTEH in August 2015.
Doctor Bui Van Hoang obtained his Diploma of General Practitioner in Thai Binh Medical University, Viet Nam, in 1992. He then earned a certificate of primary ophthalmology from the Ha Noi Institute of Ophthalmology (1994) and finished the Specialist level 1 (equivalent to Master of Ophthalmology) at Ha Noi Medical University in 1998. In 2000, he completed the Master of Molecular Biology and Immunology at the National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan.
Dr. Hoang has completed numerous certificates and courses as part of his continuing professional development. He received didactic and surgical accreditation from the Visian ICL in 2004, and a certificate of participation in the Flying Eye Hospital Program hosted by the HCMC Eye Hospital in 2008.
• The ASEAN Eye Hospital Forum hold by Cao Thang Eye Hospital, HCMC, Vietnam and endorsed by WAEH, 2012.
• The 25th Anniversary International Meeting at Singapore National Eye Centre, 2015.
• World Ophthalmology Congress, Tokyo, Japan, 2014.
• World Eye Conference in Korea 2011
• Cornea Conference in Philippines 2013
• AOS 2014, 1st Academic Congress of Asean Ophthalmology Society, Bangkok 2014
Experiencing issues with your vision? take our Online Symptom Checker