Are you eating foods that you think are good for your eyes? Come and check out here to learn which types of food enhance your vision and help to protect your eyes from sight-threatening diseases.
1. Fatty Fish: Tuna, salmon, mackerel and trout are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which aid eye development and can prevent Dry eyes.
2. Leafy Greens: They are packed with Lutein and Zeaxanthin-antioxidants that lower the risk of developing Macular Degeneration and Cataracts.
3. Carrots: Orange-colored fruits and vegetables like carrots promote eye health and protect vision. Beta-carotene, a type of Vitamin A that gives these foods their orange hue, help the retina and the other parts of the eye to function smoothly.
4. Oranges: These are powerhouses of Vitamin C, which has been shown to reduce the risk of eye diseases including Cataracts.
5. Berries: Dark berries are rich in Anthocyanins, which reduce the risk of developing eye disorders including Glaucoma.
6. Almond: Almonds are filled with Vitamin E, which may slow the damages caused by UV exposure.
You can see our infographic below for a more visual interest.